Monday 20 June 2011

Whistler, BC

The ski resort of Whistler is extremely beautiful and I say that having visited in low season. I can only imagine how lovely it is covered in thick snow. Needless to say, I enjoyed a great day and evening there, walking around and admiring the scenery (and the shops). There were still quite a few people about because apparently it's a really popular place for other outdoor sports such as mountain biking. And many of those working there are from other countries, so there is a welcoming, international feel to the place.

We got there via an inexplicably large truck...

CIMG0105

While I didn't do any skiing or outdoor-type activities, I ate some great food and chose an ice hockey team to "support" (similarly to how I "support" Miami Heat): Vancouver. This is because I watched a Stanley Cup game on TV that evening. And when I say watched, I mean sat through with a bottle of wine.

CIMG0112

CIMG0114

CIMG0116

CIMG0117

On the way from Whistler to Vancouver, I took some pictures at a lake - I can't remember where it was, but it was vast, beautifully spooky and peaceful all at once.

CIMG0123

CIMG0122

CIMG0120

CIMG0118

Again, I was amazed at the gorgeous scenery which seems to last for hours on end.

Toodles
x

2 comments: